By Simon DeVries
The observe Biblical statement offers the easiest in biblical scholarship, from the top students of our day who percentage a dedication to Scripture as divine revelation. This sequence emphasizes a radical research of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological facts. the result's really apt and balanced perception into the meanings of the textual content within the framework of biblical theology. those largely acclaimed commentaries function extraordinary assets for the pro theologian and teacher, the seminary or college pupil, the operating minister, and everybody curious about development theological realizing from a pretty good base of biblical scholarship.
Overview of remark Organization
- Introduction—covers matters touching on the complete ebook, together with context, date, authorship, composition, interpretive concerns, goal, and theology.
- Each part of the observation includes:
- Pericope Bibliography—a valuable source containing an important works that pertain to every specific pericope.
- Translation—the author’s personal translation of the biblical textual content, reflecting the outcome of exegesis and getting to Hebrew and Greek idiomatic utilization of phrases, words, and tenses, but in quite stable English.
- Notes—the author’s notes to the interpretation that deal with any textual versions, grammatical varieties, syntactical buildings, easy meanings of phrases, and difficulties of translation.
- Form/Structure/Setting—a dialogue of redaction, style, resources, and culture as they drawback the foundation of the pericope, its canonical shape, and its relation to the biblical and extra-biblical contexts that allows you to light up the constitution and personality of the pericope. Rhetorical or compositional beneficial properties vital to realizing the passage also are brought here.
- Comment—verse-by-verse interpretation of the textual content and discussion with different interpreters, attractive with present opinion and scholarly research.
- Explanation—brings jointly the entire result of the dialogue in earlier sections to reveal the which means and purpose of the textual content at a number of degrees: (1) in the context of the e-book itself; (2) its that means within the OT or NT; (3) its position within the whole canon; (4) theological relevance to broader OT or NT issues.
General Bibliography—occurring on the finish of every quantity, this wide bibliography includes all resources used wherever within the commentary.
Read or Download 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary) PDF
Similar christian reference_1 books
This e-book seeks to fill a spot at the vital subject of God's judgment. it's written for Christians who wish to have a biblical worldview that is helping them to dwell faithfully for Jesus Christ. It investigates what the apostle Paul has to claim in his letters approximately God's judgment. The worldview that emerges is person who must never be missed: of judgment as basic to our human existence as Adam's descendants, of God's judgment at paintings on the earth this present day, and of the ultimate judgment because the yes destiny for everyone.
"What are you trying to find? " those are Jesus's first phrases in John's Gospel, and he asks us a similar query once we choose to keep on with him. We learn John's Gospel since it is helping us catch up with to Jesus. we are just like the first disciples, who resolution his query with their very own, "Master, the place do we locate you?
BENJAMIN B. WARFIELD, one of many Reformed world’s so much celebrated theologians, was once a theological diagnostician who proven a amazing skill to know the starting place and course of theological developments. e problem in conflict eld’s day used to be to give an explanation for how God communicated. Pursuing the reply to that query led him at the theological trip that's chronicled during this booklet.
In regards to the e-book: David Fitzgerald’s award-winning 2010 booklet Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That express Jesus by no means Existed in any respect mentioned the head ten deadly flaws of Christianity’s starting place tale. Now, Jesus: Mything in motion provides the main compelling new findings in Jesus delusion conception and severely examines its debatable reception by way of biblical students, the level and reliability of our resources for Jesus, and divulges the staggering heritage in the back of Jesus’ evolution.
- The Majesty on High: Introduction to the Kingdom of God in the New Testament
- Prayer for every situation
- The Dionysian Gospel: The Fourth Gospel and Euripides
- The Apocalyptic Timeline in the Book of Revelation: Volume 2: Trumpets
Extra resources for 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary)
1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary) by Simon DeVries