By Laury Silvers
Sufi student Abu Bakr al-Wasiti (d. ca. 320 AH/932 CE) was once referred to as a “soaring minaret” for his slicing reviews and willing theological insights. Wasiti’s existence is little identified at the present time, yet parts of his misplaced Qur
Read or Download A Soaring Minaret: Abu Bakr al-Wasiti and the Rise of Baghdadi Sufism PDF
Best islam books
A survey of Islamic political inspiration within the twentieth century. This electronic variation used to be derived from ACLS Humanities E-Book's (http://www. humanitiesebook. org) on-line model of a similar title.
This selection of essays assesses quite a few dimensions of debate among Islam and different religions, specially Christianity. This booklet celebrates the paintings of Professor Mahmoud Ayoub and displays the subjects which are relevant in his scholarship spanned over the past 3 a long time and that are extra correct than ever on the inauguration of the twenty-first century.
Seyran Ateş ist gläubige Muslimin. Die fundamentalistischen Tendenzen im Islam empören sie. Doch die letzten Jahre haben gezeigt: Gegen diese Entwicklungen anzuschreiben reicht nicht aus. Deshalb hat sich Ateş entschlossen, gemeinsam mit anderen Muslimen eine liberale Moschee in Berlin zu gründen. In Deutschland herrscht der türkische Staatsislam.
The everlasting query continues to be an analogous in all agesand sooner than all seekers of the truth:“Who am I? and what's the aim of this lifestyles? ”Living with the everlasting fact explains, in easy language, the mainprinciples of Sufism and the ideas of non secular education as taughtand changed through 3 nice Sufi saints of the earlier century.
- Revue des Deux Mondes octobre-novembre 2014: Qu'arrive-t-il à la France ? (French Edition)
- Islam and social work (second edition): Culturally sensitive practice in a diverse world (BASW/Policy Press titles)
- Muslim Rebels: Kharijites and the Politics of Extremism in Egypt
- Making Moderate Islam: Sufism, Service, and the "Ground Zero Mosque" Controversy (RaceReligion)
- Caged in on the Outside: Moral Subjectivity, Selfhood, and Islam in Minangkabau, Indonesia (Southeast Asia: Politics, Meaning, and Memory)
- Au nom de l'Amitié et de l'Islam (Roman) (French Edition)
Extra info for A Soaring Minaret: Abu Bakr al-Wasiti and the Rise of Baghdadi Sufism
A Soaring Minaret: Abu Bakr al-Wasiti and the Rise of Baghdadi Sufism by Laury Silvers