By James E. Goodby
Read or Download At the Borderline of Armageddon: How American Presidents Managed the Atom Bomb PDF
Similar government books
This booklet reassesses Putin's try to opposite the decentralization of strength that characterized centre-regional kinfolk within the Nineteen Nineties, targeting nearby responses to Putin's federal reforms. It explains the decline of regionalism after 2000 by way of the dynamics of local limitations, understood because the juridical obstacles which demarcate a region's territorial volume and its assets; institutional obstacles that maintain nearby ameliorations; and cultural obstacles that outline the ethnic or technocratic rules on which a zone may well declare valid lifestyles.
This debut booklet from Andrew Burt information the pivotal moments in American political heritage whilst outliers moved to the heart, shooting the nationwide highlight and turning fringe politics mainstream. American Hysteria places readers on the middle of the nation’s such a lot famous classes of political extremism, from the Anti-Illuminati circulation of the 1790s to McCarthyism within the Nineteen Fifties to the Anti-Sharia stream of this present day.
As well as addressing the fundamentals, American Public management: Public provider for the twenty first Century sticks out from different books available in the market by way of supplying a broader context during which to appreciate public management and by way of devoting complete assurance to present subject matters and developments, lots of that are given chapter-length therapy (e.
An authoritative account of the lengthy conflict among exclusionary and inclusive models of the yankee storyWas the U.S. based as a Christian country or a mundane democracy? Neither, argues Philip Gorski in American Covenant. What the founders really expected used to be a prophetic republic that will weave jointly the moral imaginative and prescient of the Hebrew prophets and the Western political historical past of civic republicanism.
- The Power of the Texas Governor: Connally to Bush
- Local Governance Reform in Global Perspective (Urban and Regional Research International) (German Edition)
- Futures Intelligence: Assessing Intelligence Support to Three Army Long-Range Planning Communities: Assessing Intelligence Support to Three Arm Long-Range Planning Communities
- Redistricting and Representation: Why Competitive Elections are Bad for America (Controversies in Electoral Democracy and Representation)
- Buying National Security: How America Plans and Pays for Its Global Role and Safety at Home
Additional resources for At the Borderline of Armageddon: How American Presidents Managed the Atom Bomb
At the Borderline of Armageddon: How American Presidents Managed the Atom Bomb by James E. Goodby